Rules and Terms for Fry’s Spring Beach Club, Inc.
As a member of Fry’s Spring Beach Club (FSBC), you must fully understand and agree to the rules and terms of membership stated in FSBC’s bylaws and bypolicies pursuant to FSBC’s Board of Directors and Management that are set forth below.
- Access is for members and their guests only.
- Parents assume full responsibility for their child/children.
- Listen to and support our lifeguards when they correct dangerous behavior.
- Break/Adult Only Swim: a 10-minute break is called ten minutes before every hour. All children ages 15 years and younger are required to leave the pools. The baby pool remains open during break for small children under the age of 5 years.
- Lap lanes are for lap swimmers only. No playing in the lap lanes or hanging on the lane lines.
- No diving in less than 5 feet of water.
- No running on Deck.
- No rough housing or noodle smacking.
- No hanging on any water sport equipment.
- No chicken fighting.
- Group play or games must not infringe on other members/guests.
- Diaper age children must wear swim diapers or plastic pants.
Club members are encouraged to bring guests to the Club. All guests must be accompanied by the sponsoring member and both members and their guests must register at the Club.
- Guests are $10 per adult and $6 per child aged two years old and up. Children under 2 are free. There is a cap of $30 per family. Guest fees must be paid in fill and in cash or check at the time of entry.
- Members may also purchase guest passes at the front desk. These are punch cards that are kept at the desk for:
• Combo Pass: 5 adult visits and 5 child visits for $65.00 (savings of $15)
• Adult Pass: 10 visits for $75.00 (savings of $25)
• Child Pass: 13 visits for $50.00 (savings of $28)
- Guest fees are the responsibility of sponsoring member.
- Guests resident in Charlottesville, Albemarle County, or any county adjacent to Albemarle County are limited to one visit to FSBC each month, but children of non-members, when accompanied by a member or by a duly authorized baby-sitter who is a non-member, may visit more often, if the Club Manager agrees.
- Guests resident outside the region composed of Charlottesville, Albemarle County, and the counties adjacent to Albemarle County may have unlimited visiting privileges, but are subject to fees to be paid by the sponsoring members.
- Child-care providers are considered non-member guests of the sponsoring membership and are allowed entry by arrangement with Club management. A child-care provider is allowed in place of a member parent not in addition to that member parent. As a non-member, the child and or children of that child-care provider are non-members and are subject to guest fees.
- As a courtesy, non-member grandparents visiting from out of town and accompanying their member grandchildren are not subject to guest fees.
- Guest Passes do not carry over from one season to the next.
- Lap lanes are available for swimmers, including during swim team practices when only one lane is available. No lap swimming is available when the pool closes early for Home Swim Meets, July 4th from noon on, and other rare occasions.
- Lap swimming etiquette: please “circle swim” when 3 or more swimmers share a lane and always swim on the right side of the lane.
- Members wishing to swim laps before the pool opens for normal hours of operation may contact the Club Manager for information.
- The lap lane schedule is available upon request. Inquire at the gate or with the Manager.
- Food and drinks may not be consumed in the pool or while sitting on the edge of the pool.
- Glass is strictly prohibited on all FSBC property.
- Members and their guests may not bring alcohol onto FSBC property.
- Members and their guests are welcome to bring picnics, snacks and non-alcoholic beverages as long as they are in non-glass containers.
Food and Beverages
Trash receptacles are located outside on the patio, along the walkways, by the pools and inside the facility in the cafe and bathrooms. Please be responsible for your trash and that of your child(ren).
Smoking is prohibited anywhere inside the fence or in the club house.
- Members and guests are welcome to enjoy the tennis courts on a first-come, first-serve basis. A schedule of tennis lesson times will be posted to prevent scheduling conflicts.
- Basketball hoop on the tennis courts may be used when tennis games are not in progress.
- Skateboarding and other “wheeled” activities are not permitted.
- Hanging on the tennis nets is strictly prohibited.
- Members and guests are welcome to enjoy the sand volleyball court.
- Children may play in the sand when the court is not being used.
- Do not throw sand.
- A schedule will be posted for any reoccurring events such as soccer games or any special event that may take place on the volleyball court.
- Do not hang on the volleyball net.
- Members and guests are welcome to use the ping-pong table. Paddles and balls should be available on the table or at the front gate.
- Children may be asked to give a deposit of $1.00 when they borrow a ping-pong ball to insure its safe return.
- Do Not Break Paddles or Balls.
- Do Not eat on, sit on, climb on, walk on, or lay on the ping-pong table.
- The video games are pay to play, coin operated games. The video games do not belong to FSBC.
- Do not plug or unplug these games.
- Do not stick things other than the appropriate coins into the coin slot.
- Do not climb on the video games.
- Do not eat on the video games.
- Do not set drinks or candy on the video games.
Please be aware that we charge $25 for any returned checks (membership dues, swim team registration, etc).
Release and Waiver for Fry's Spring Beach Club, Inc.
As a member of Fry’s Spring Beach Club you fully understand that when swimming at Fry’s Spring Beach Club there may be times, especially at the beginning and end of the season, when there will not be a lifeguard on duty. You understand and agree that swimming with no lifeguard on duty is an inherently dangerous activity and agree to participate at your own risk and at the risk of your child(ren). Fry’s Spring Beach Club takes no responsibility for the safety of individuals swimming when there is no lifeguard on duty pursuant to the terms of this release and waiver. This is a complete and total release of any and all claims against Fry’s Spring Beach Club arising out of any use of the pool and grounds during hours when there is no lifeguard on duty.
In consideration of the promises herein and the use of the pool during hours when there is no lifeguard on duty, you agree and assume for yourself and your child(ren) all of the risks involved and hereby agree not to sue, to hold harmless and release Fry’s Spring Beach Club, its owners, agents and employees, from any and all claims which may arise as a result of the use of the pool and grounds during hours when there is no lifeguard on duty. You further agree to indemnify and defend Fry’s Spring Beach Club, its owners, agents and employees from any claim, in any way related to your use of the pool and grounds during hours when there is no lifeguard on duty, including any claims made by individuals whom you allowed in violation of the rules set forth above to enter the pool and/or grounds. You have read and agree to abide by all the rules listed above.