FSBC Dolphins swim team
Our team boasts over 300 participants and the area’s largest mini program. Little FSBC Dolphins learn to swim. Older Dolphins gain fitness and hone their skills. And parents enjoy watching our swimmers develop lasting friendships with team mates and coaches in a fun, supportive environment.
FSBC swim team competes in the Jefferson Swim League (JSL). This summer the FSBC team will compete in six dual meets (two teams competing). Three of these meets will be at “home” and three will be “away”. The final competitive event of the summer is the JSL Championship Meet (known as “Champs”) where all 18 teams in the league compete over two days. Swimmers must have competed in at least two dual meets to participate in the Champs.
Visit the Jefferson League Swim team for more information.
Swim Team enrollment is $100. Participants must be FSBC members.
Practice Team vs. Meet Team
Swimmers will have the option to participate as part of the “practice team” or the “meet team”. Both teams will practice together using workouts tailored to individual needs and will enjoy the many social events scheduled for the season. Swimmers may move up from the practice team to the meet team if they're improving and want to swim in meets. Contact Beth Bullard for more information.
Swimmers participate on the practice team if:
- Not interested or not ready to participate in JSL swim meets.
- Unable to swim 25 meters unassisted.
- Under 5 years old as of June 1, 2018.
Swimmers participate on the meet team if:
- Plan to participate in at least one JSL swim meet.
- Able to swim 25 meters unassisted.
- At least 5 years old as of June 1, 2018.
- Afternoon practices and clinics are Mondays through Fridays EXCEPT for swim meet days.
- 8:30 a.m. practice is ONLY for swimmers 13 years of age and over (but does include rising 8th graders, even those who haven't yet turned 13).
The pool is not open until 10:00 a.m. each day, and NO younger siblings may be at the pool or on the grounds during this 8:30 practice time. NO families may use the pool before opening time of 10:00 AM.
Families may use the FSBC grounds and may supervise their children during the 8:30 practice. Adult lap swimmers may swim laps during this time, provided they have signed a liability waiver.
- Practices are held during mild rain. In case of thunder or severe rain, practice may be postponed or cancelled. Generally, you should assume that practice is on as scheduled, and make your own decision about whether to send your child to practice. In case of thunder or severe rain during practice, the coaches will be sure that all younger children are safe and cared for until a parent arrives to pick them up or other arrangements are made for the children.
Practice Schedule May 29-June 8
4:15 - 5:00 pm: 9-12 year olds
5:00 - 5:45 pm: 8 & under
5:45 - 6:30 pm: 13 & up
Practice Schedule June 11-July 26
8:30 - 10:00 am: 13 & up
10:00 - 11:00 am: 9-12 year olds
11:00 - 11:45 am: 8 & under
Afternoon Clinics & Practice
4:30 - 5:00 Or 5:00 - 5:30 pm: Swim Clinics
5:30 - 6:15 pm: 8 & under practice
No afternoon practice on Wednesday swim meet days